Another benefit with our planers is the noise level; customers cannot believe how ultra quiet they run! Digital Readout is included, something you usually have to pay extra for with other brands. Cast iron in/out feed extensions & a built-in wheel system comes standard.Where most planers in this range offer only 15” capacity & 3 HP, the Laguna stands out by having 16” width capacity & a powerful 5 HP motor. The Laguna ShearTec II is at the cutting edge of Spiral Cutterhead technology today. Deep gullets allow chips to exit fast & keep the head clean. The inserts are made from thicker solid German carbide & set into the head on a flat surface rather than a cone design. This allows more torque to be used when tightening the inserts. All of the inserts are slightly angled to give a shear type cut with low impact & less kick-back action. The leading edge is crowned to minimize lines appearing. Laguna ShearTec II heads are all 6 row; most competitors’ heads offer just 3 or 4 rows. Of course there are a host of benefits associated from the additional rows: More carbide inserts, longer life, less noise and vibration, less kick-back & a smoother finish.
- Motor: 5 HP 1 Phase 220 volt TEFC
- Readout: Digital with Tape Backup
- Table: 56” D X 16” W Incl. 2 X Cast Iron Extensions
- ShearTecII 4-sided German Solid Carbide Cutterhead
- Inserts: 6 Rows X 18 Knives = 108 Total
- 2 Feed Speeds: 16 + 20 Ft/Min
- Mechanical Adjustment of Bed
- Mechanical Adjustment of Bed Rollers
- 2 Polished Steel Rollers for Material Return
- 4” Dust-Hood
- In/Out-Feed Cast Extensions Included
- Capacity Min-Max: 3/16” – 6”
- Max Removal: 1/8”, 3mm
- Weight (Net/Ship): 567/668 Lbs.